The documenta und Museum Fridericianum gGmbH is a non-profit company supported and financed by the City of Kassel and the State of Hesse as shareholders, and also financially supported by the Federal Cultural Foundation. The non-profit company is responsible for the documenta exhibition, which takes place every five years, the Fridericianum, the documenta archiv, the documenta Institut and the documenta Halle. In preparation for and for documenta fifteen, we are looking at the earliest possible date for a
This is a full-time position (40h/week)
limited until 31.10.2022.
Your tasks include:
- Conservation-preservation tasks during the installation and de-installation of the exhibition
- Carrying out conservation treatment if required
- Preventive conservation maintenance of the exhibition
- Collaboration in art handling
Required knowledge and skills:
- Studies in the field of Conservation-preservation(at least Bachelor's degree/preliminary diploma)
- Experience and interest in conservation-preservation work with contemporary art and modern materials
- Ability to work in a team and high willingness to communicate
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Careful, reliable and independent way of working
Desirable further knowledge and skills:
- Experience in dealing with (contemporary) paintings
- Experience in handling graphics
You can expect:
- a pleasant, varied and interesting field of work in an international art and exhibition context.
The place of work is Kassel.
Please send your application with the usual documents, stating the earliest possible starting date and your salary or salary expectations, exclusively in electronic form by e-mail (one coherent PDF, max. 5 MB) to email@example.com.
Contact person for questions regarding the field of activity:
Deputy Head of Production and Technology - Exhibition Architecture firstname.lastname@example.org
Marlies Peller Coordination Conservation email@example.com
Contact person for questions regarding the field of activity and the application procedure: