LocationDana Research Centre and Library (Lecture Theatre)
Date and time-
Call for papers: ICON Modern Materials Network: Challenges of the Modern Object
The ICON Modern Materials Network is inviting abstracts for a one-day symposium on the 17th October 2019 at the Science Museum, London, UK. The day aims to bring together conservation and non-conservation professionals with an interest in the preservation of modern materials such polymeric materials (plastics), modern metal alloys, carbon fibre, modern production techniques (e.g. 3D printing) and modern objects that have intrinsic challenges, like batteries and modern technology.
Abstracts on all materials from the 20th and 21st century will be considered, no material is too modern! We are particularly interested in research or treatment in progress and perceived 'failures' to fuel ongoing discussions throughout the day and beyond.
The day will be split in to talks on current research and poster presentations. Please specify which you would like to submit to.
* Abstract submission deadline: 31st July 2019
* Word max: 250 words
* Language: All abstracts and information must be submitted in English.
* Please state whether you are applying for a talk or poster presentation.
* Submissions should be made to email@example.com
* Follow us @IconMMN #NoMaterialTooModern