Southeast Asia-Pacific Audiovisual Archive Association (SEAPAVAA)
27th SEAPAVAA CONFERENCE
8 - 13 May 2023
Local Host Institution: Thai Film Archive (Public Organisation)
Theme: Sustainable AV Archives For The Community
The 27th SEAPAVAA Conference will take place in Pattaya, Thailand, from 8 - 13 May 2023 under the umbrella theme “Sustainable AV Archives For The Community”. It is SEAPAVAA’s first in-person event since 2020 following the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic. We are anticipating a highly participative and engaging conference for 2023, as colleagues from the audiovisual archiving community reconnect with and learn from one another face-to-face in the “Land of Smiles”.
As part of the conference, a two-day symposium will be held on 10 and 11 May 2023. The symposium will offer an opportunity to discuss a broad spectrum of topics that interest a wide range of attendees. It will also provide a platform to stimulate new conversations for our field.
We are inviting proposals that explore but are not limited to the following:
- Collection development of audiovisual collections for more diverse and wider representation of minority groups
- Advancements in technologies that enable greater access to audiovisual collections
- Copyright content management of audiovisual collections to enable ease of access
- Community, participatory, and activist archiving involving audiovisual collections
- Audiovisual collections for reminiscence work to reach out to ageing populations
- Audiovisual collections for archival research on climate change
- Understanding climate change within the audiovisual archiving context
- Indigenous perspectives to preserve audiovisual collections that reduce impact on the environment
- Assessment tools to help audiovisual archives measure and benchmark the impact of archiving activities on the environment and the solutions for mitigating environmental impact
- Education and training to develop green archivists for the audiovisual archiving field
- Innovative collaborations with other collecting memory institutions and allied professions
- Other thematically related proposals are welcome for consideration
1. Email your proposal in English as a MS Word file by 20 March 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The proposal should include:
- Title of proposal
- Abstract, max of 250 words
- Name, Institution, and Bio (max of 250 words) of proponent(s)
- Name, Institution and Bio (max of 250 words) of presenter(s) if proponent(s) is/are not also the presenter(s)
3. The Organisers will review all submitted proposals. Notifications of acceptance of proposals will be issued by 31 March 2023.
4. Accepted proponents must confirm their ability to attend and present in-person in Pattaya OR via Zoom by 10 April 2023.
The presentation materials are to be submitted to email@example.com by 2 May 2023. The travel expenses, accommodation and subsistence of attending are the full responsibility of the Presenters.
The pre-recorded presentations are to be submitted firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 May 2023. Presenters who are not attending virtually are required to join the Q&A segments online.
5. Registration fees of all confirmed Presenters will be waived.
6. KEY DATES TO TAKE NOTE:
Deadline for submission of proposals 20 March 2023
Notification of acceptance of proposals 31 March 2023
Deadline for confirmation to present in-person OR via Zoom 10 April 2023
Submission of presentation material 2 May 2023
Symposium 10 & 11 May 2023
Please email email@example.com (Genelyn Galang / Kamille Olaño) if you have any queries.
The 27th SEAPAVAA Conference and General Assembly is hosted by the Thai Film Archive (Public Organization). The conference promises the definitive warmth and hospitality that SEAPAVAA is known for. For more information regarding registration details, programme, workshops, and hotel accommodation, please visit SEAPAVAA's conference website https://seapavaaconference.com/